Guitar Nation Festival 2010
Clapton may have his Crossroads Festival but Toyota Park in Chicago is a long way from Eric’s native Surrey.
If you’re from the non-Toyota Park side of the pond, you might find the Guitar Nation Festival worth some consideration instead.
Guitar Nation is a two day music festival of performances, demonstrations, seminars and debates and it will take place in London Earl’s Court Olympia on May 8th and 9th, 2010.
The festival’s mission is to empower musicians and to help them make a living from their music as well as to improve their playing. All pretty laudable stuff. You’ll also get to see, and learn from, a shed-load of special guests.
Master classes and seminars that have been confirmed already include:
- Guitar God Steve Vai’s Only UK appearance in 2010 : Making it in the Music Industry
- Iron Maiden’s Nicko McBrain : Touring the world with Iron Maiden
- Toto’s Steve Lukather : masterclass with Grammy award winning guitarist
- Bernie Marsden : ex-Whitesnake guitarists killer blues workshop
- Phil Hilborne : How to become a session musician
- Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd) and guests : My bass and other animals
- Ace (Skunk Anansie) : The ultimate guide to guitar effects
- Ruta Sepetys (manager Steve Vai, Desmond Childs) : The new most important power in music: what to expect from your manager, advice and discussion panel.
- Meet Jon Morter (Founder of Rage Against the Machine to number 1 campaign ) : What’s next in social networking media
- John Webster (CEO, Music Managers Forum; founder, Mercury Music Prize) presents Meet the bookers : an insight into the inside of the live music industry.
- Total Production magazine Editor Mark Cunningham present series of hard hitting debates with top MI professionals
- ‘Meet the Men Behind the Glass’…Youth – uber-producer (U2/ The Verve ), composer and bassist with seminal post-punk rockers Killing Joke : See how he makes music and talks about the role of the producer in the creative process.
- Earn a living without record company support with Barry Martin ( The Hamsters )
Yes, that did say Steve Via. The Widdle-Master himself will be making his only planned UK appearance of the year. Not to be missed.
More information at Guitar Nation 2010. For ticket information contact Clive Morton firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0) 1572 757 775
Photo courtesy of Larry DiMarzio