Jimmy Page Launches Classic Album Postage Stamps
Jimmy Page has helped the Royal Mail launch a new range of postage stamps.
The ten stamps depict classic album covers spanning the last forty years.
Royal Mail’s head of special stamps Julietta Edgar said: “For decades the album sleeve has been the canvas for some of the most imaginative graphic artists in the world, and this issue celebrates this unique art form and some of its greatest examples. We hope customers will enjoy the opportunity to send or collect these classic album designs in their smallest format yet – as miniature works of art on millions of 1st class stamps.”
The stamps entered circulation on January 7th. If you’re UK-based or are getting mail from someone there, keep your eyes peeled to begin your new-found philately hobby
As you can see, the set contains the Led Zeppelin IV album cover but there plenty of other classics in there too.
- The Clash – London Calling
- The Rolling Stones – Let It Bleed
- Blur – Parklife
- Coldplay – A Rush of Blood to the Head
- David Bowie – The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
- Led Zeppelin – IV
- Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells
- New Order – Power, Corruption And Lies
- Pink Floyd – The Division Bell
- Primal Scream – Screamadelica
Personally, I’d be quite interested in getting Roger Waters’ opinion on including The Division Bell as the ‘classic’ Pink Floyd album cover but lets not get hung up on that.
What do you think? Any glaring omissions as far as you’re concerned?
If you’re interested, you can buy a set here.