Fender 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass
Fender are celebrating half a century of Jazz Bass goodness by introducing the limited edition, 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass. The idea is that this bass incorporates design elements from several important periods in Jazz Bass history.
This baby includes features from a few different eras (even if ‘modernised’ versions of them).
From the 60’s:
- Nitrocellulose finish in Candy Apple Red.
- 60’s style headstock logo
- C-shaped neck
- Chrome pickup and bridge covers
- Pearloid block inlays on the fingerboard
From the 70’s:
- Bridge pickup placement
- Thumb rest
- High-mass, vintage-style bridge
- Modern tuners
- Posiflex neck support rods
Personally, I’ve always liked Jazz basses with block inlays (no matter how wrong many might think that). And, let’s face it, who can resist a Candy Apple Red finish? It’s a bit of a mash-up but all of these specs add up to a handsome bass.
More at Fender.